- Having an opposite sex best friend is great. You can have an idea to balance the situation in life. (me tagapagtanggol ika nga at me magsasabi sayo ng totoo kahit masakit tanggapin)
- A best friend that you can count on and be with you everytime is really to be keep and treasure. (sila yung tipo na mas priority ka, kesa sa partner nila o dahil family ang turingan nyo sa isa’t isa)
- Not all constant partners should be a couple in a romantic relationship , they can be in a platonic relationship. (kahit inadmire mo at mahal mo yung tao nilalagyan mo ng boundary dahil ayaw mo masira ang samahan nyo)
- Having this kind of relationships with no pretensions. You can be yourself and do not hide anything. They can understand your actions even you dont talk. (magkatinginan lang sa mata, alam nyo na ang nasa sa loob ng isa’t isa)
- You should express how you feel before its too late. (sabihin mo mahal mo sya ng walang hinihintay na kapalit, bago mahuli ang lahat o magkalayo man kayo)
Another CNY escape from the busy life in Singapore. I planned to go back to my country just to have a simple getaway to some of the beautiful tourist spots but I didn’t know that this trip will be a “memorable one”. And would turn my world up and down like a 360 degrees turn around.
My first time I went to Cebu to see the Magellan Cross and Sto. Nino de Cebu, I was excited because it’s another place that I wish and dream of when I’m studying Philippine history. But I didn’t explore this Island because we need to travel to Bohol the next day.
Having this kind of island hopping in our country is an adventure to make. Going to Bohol to meet my friend and his family and of course to visit the famous chocolate hills and other sightseeing places in this province. I am very lucky and thankful for them because they accompany me and tour me on their island. And they were the ones who support and comfort me.
Below pictures are in sequence of how my trip goes at that time. The blood compact site, Baclayon Church, The Tarsier and Philippine Eagle Sanctuary, the Loboc River Cruise where we ate our lunch, The manmade forest, chocolate hills, the cave, and the last is Panglao Beach. The island hopping in Panglao has been cut in my trip because of an unfortunate thing that happens in Quezon Province.
I receive the bad news that my father passed away when we were eating our breakfast in Panglao. But since I reached Cebu, I already text my father and informed him I’m having a weekend holiday because of Chinese New Year and will not touch Manila. I plan this because my parents will be going to Singapore in March. I never know that this will happen as I have constant communication with my father at that time. There was a premonition but of course, I am not aware back then that some strange thing will happen.
At exactly 7 am, I and my father exchange text messages checking each other how are we and greet a good morning. I keep on texting him, and with a long pause and only one reply, he told me that he is inside the church to celebrate mass. I replied and inform him that text me I will call back so that we can talk. I was mesmerized by the beauty of Panglao beach and I forget to check my phone. Around 11 am, I received a lot of texts came from my brother and told me the sad truth 😦
What is the premonition that happens to me at that time? Checking on my pictures in my DSLR camera, there is this sunrise from Cebu Port that I took, the sun rays formed a cross. And there is this strong wind while driving to chocolate hills, somewhere in Carmen area downhill, our vehicle experienced a strong wind that the driver would have hard to control the steering wheel, and luckily nobody hurts. We reached the Chocolate Hills safe and sound but the view has dull and dark clouds.
This trip should end a happy one but things went till the end. The end of life of my father. I had an opportunity to talked to him even in his last hour of his life. Regretting that I have not said how much I love him. And never show him where I stay and work in Singapore. He processed his passport and collected it a week before. And the purpose is not to travel to Singapore but it’s his passport to heaven.
10 years passed by, still miss you my bumblebee.
I have been in Singapore for how many years. Whenever I miss my hometown, we go to Batam, Indonesia, to escape from an Industrial Scenery where I work before.
We travel for around 45 minutes by ferry to breathe out. One CNY holiday, we went to Batam for a food trip because it’s cheaper than in Singapore. And below pictures are some of the memories that I treasure.
And I have a lot of adventure in Batam and will try to share it all with you. This only one trip I made there.
BEST BUY / SOUVENIR TO GET – its JCO donuts (cheaper in Batam, you can buy 2 boxes for the cost of 1 box in Singapore) and fish cracker ball
BEST LOCAL FOOD TO EAT – Bakso (beef noodles) and Gong gong La la (seafood shell), their food are too spicy so you should ask a little bit if you do not want too hot
BEST WAY OF TRANSPORTATION – ferry from Singapore and taxi within Batam
BEST WAY TO SHOP – Nagoya Hill Shopping Mall,
BEST LOCAL TOUR DESTINATIONS – Spa Centre at Nagoya Hill and seafood resto at Batam Centre
Why I love this month of February? Aside from the month of love and lesser days for a year, it’s usually when the Chinese New Year celebration comes in.
- This month is a love month, which means everyone gives love (not only Christmas day)
- Concerts are all around the corner. I can book and watch my favorite artists and singers to watch them live (now online live).
- It’s a lesser day in a year, which means working days and payday is much shorter waiting time than other months.
- Last time, February means longer holidays for me because of Chinese New Year celebrations. And to those with Chinese employers this month means money and bonus.
- This month is a good month to invest or to start to invest for a year (especially in stockmarket) and a lot of CNY sales.
In a day and within 24-hour there are two magic hours. Waking up early to see the sunrise that gives light and hope for a better day. And tiring day but worthwhile waiting to chase the sunset that tells us to slow down and have a break for a while.
The magic view of this shows good things will come for the day. After long day, doing some daily routine, waking-up, fixing ourselves, rushing for work, eating our meals, catching up with family and friends, going home and sleeping is what makes our day magical.
Thinking about what happened for the day, planning and praying for tomorrow to be a better one than yesterday.
The beauty of nature and how God paints the sky every day, but in a different way, is like how He gives purpose in our life.
These magic hours are taken with the same spot on different days. I am amazed at how beautiful the sky is every day.
Have a blessed Sunday everyone.
Sharing you this cover music created by my friend. This is just for entertainment and motivation purpose only and no copyright infringement intended. All the credits for the rightful owner.
Enjoy listening! If you like it, share it but don’t forget to follow and subscribe. Thank you.